Wednesday 11 January 2012

15mm Ahoy!

I've finally started some 15mm. Bad pictures I know, but here are my first Flames of War Soviets and 1980s British Paras for Force on Force.

The Paras will be part of my Hell's Man project, a senseless exercise in playing a British intervention in Afghanistan in the 1980s. I may relate it to a friend's altverse, where the great Holy Roman, Russian and British empires never fell, because otherwise the timings between Soviet and Taliban control become messy. Unless I make the Kremlin sane and just get them out faster. Time will tell =]

Incidentally, the whole project was inspired by MJ Figures' Falklands range. While more like 18mm tall, they're very nice models that my photos don't do justice to (for now). The only annoyance about that is that the QRF postwar Brits I bought to round them out look like spindly dwarves next to them.


 These Soviets are for my FLGS' Flames of War night on Mondays. Only another twelve stands to go before I hit 1,000 points.

I'm definitely going back to skirmish and DBA once I finish these guys. At least for larger figures.

No comments:

Post a Comment